Me!

Me!

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

My Blog!

So I decided to make a blog. And here it is!

What's it going to be specifically about, you may wonder? Nothing specifically, actually. I plan to write about whatever I think you will enjoy reading about. 

Some of the likely topics I will write about include: recipes I think you'd enjoy trying, nutrition, exercise & recipe tips I think you'll find helpful, my weekend adventures in the mountains, my personal thoughts related to current research in nutrition all summarized for your easy reading pleasure, anything and everything related to my cooking service, my future as an entrepreneur, races & competitions, overcoming common struggles as an athlete and human with things to do, and much more! 

A little about myself...

I think I was born an artist and an athlete. By day one, I was creating and exploring. I was never able to be still in body and mind at the same time. I have to be moving one way or another. I'm either running, swimming, or climbing with quiet thoughts, or my mind's wheels are turning as I lay under the trees and rest my body. When I turn my focus fully in either direction, body or mind, I can create.



Before I finished high school I thought I would go to college for something in the fine arts, like painting. I've won awards for paintings and drawings growing up. I also loved building in the garage with wood and nails as a child. I could work on one project for endless hours and days with the highest of ambitions bursting out of me. I have old sketches of a hanglider and a go-kart I wanted to build. Sadly, I didn't have money or the "yes" from my parents to attempt such a lofty project. But I guarantee I would have finished had I been allowed to start. Never mind how well these crafts would have actually worked at my young building age of 10 :)



I've tried a good number of sports growing up. I've been a swimmer longer than anything else, although not as much anymore aside from a sprint triathlon several years ago. Along with swimming, I tried gymnastics, basketball, soccer, ballet, rock climbing, track & field, cross country, (am I forgetting anything?) and finally longer and longer distance running. It's been the endurance sports that stick with me the most. Currently, ultra-running & rock climbing give me the greatest happiness and balance in life. I like to throw in a little yoga, meditation, and strength training as well. Recently attempting a little skiing and alpine climbing too.



I've been working as a personal cook for over 2 years. I cook for families who don't have time to cook, want to lose weight, and in general, want to eat healthy, delicious, home-cooked meals. I'm working on some ideas to expand this service, and give my clients more of what they need in terms of nutrition, health & fitness! I have developed a growing passion for nutrition, health, fitness & helping people ever since graduating with a degree in Exercise Science and a minor in Psychology from Indiana University. My main career focus is to find ways to help people with the nutrition, health and fitness area of their lives. I believe a healthy lifestyle can be key in turning peoples lives around for the better.



I grew up in Indiana and moved to Colorado a couple years ago. Although my mom & dad, brother Mitchell, and old friends, all whom I miss, are still in the midwest, I've learned I cannot live without the mountains and the adventure and happiness they bring me!!

All for now :)

2 comments:

  1. Up and running, yeah. I like how blogspot makes the pictures big with a simple click.

    ReplyDelete